The end of year holidays can be very stressful times. Whether you are dealing with family drama, lack of money or missing a loved one who has passed, this time of year can quickly turn from a joyful occasion to become one of dread and dislike. Learn how to counter ongoing stress by incorporating my simple tips for meditation success.
My tip: Slow down and take some time to meditate.
Meditation and mindfulness have been growing in popularity. Even mainstream medicine is touting the virtues of meditation. Meditation is a skill that can be learned by anyone. However, learning a new skill is challenging and takes commitment. Try these helpful tips for greater success in your meditation.
Tips For A Successful Meditation Practice
- Set and keep a daily schedule. Practice makes perfect. You will begin to feel the effect of practicing meditation on a daily basis. Research suggests that consistent practicing meditation helps with several different health such as high blood pressure and IBS. The stress of the holidays can increase your blood pressure so, meditation can be a valuable tool to keep you calm and focused during what can be a very challenging time for you.
- Start small. Think of meditation as exercise for your mind. But regular practice bring so many other benefits. Increase your meditation success by using the guided meditations in Ultimate Women’s Wellness Bundle can get you started.
Or try You’ve Got This: 5 Minute Meditations for Mommas by Jenna Drew Dancy (Audio) $27.00
Five 5-minute meditations designed to fit into your hectic lifestyle that are tuned to the frequency of 432hz for added relaxation.
3. Meditate in a comfortable position. Find a quiet place — inside or outside — that you can remain interrupted for the duration of your practice. Discomfort is distracting and can make your meditation challenging.
4. Experiment. Try different styles. For different length of times. Change location if necessary. Try different times during the day. Many people meditate first thing in the morning. But that’s not best for everyone. Find what works for you and practice daily until it becomes second nature.
5. Continue to read and learn about meditation. You can start by visiting the Health & Wellness articles on this blog.
Take your time and enjoy.
Meditation can help us embrace our worries, our fear, our anger; and that is very healing. We let our own natural capacity of healing do the work. ~~Thich Nhat Hanh. Source: BrainyQuotes.com
Join me on Kiva.org and lend a helping hand.