When I feel tired and weary, I don’t want to do anything. My mind is sluggish and I have a tendency to be negative. I see it in others as well. When we feel energetic we tend to be more positive. Maybe it’s because we move more when we feel energetic. Whatever the science, whenever we have energy, we move more — physically, mentally and in doing so we have the power to change our lives.
So where do we get energy from? Just like money, energy doesn’t grow on trees. This post is not about drinking coffee or energy drink to stay awake during an afternoon slump. This is more about living your like awoke.
Stress, improper diet, and lack of adequate sleep can cause us to live our lives in a constant haze. We can also tend to favor staying stuck where we are instead of working on ways to improve our lives. Here are a few ways lack of energy robs us of living our best life:
- Unable to move our bodies and maintain a healthy weight
- Lacking the desire to grow and produce so our lives can be more fulfilled
- Feeling depressed, hopeless or unloved, therefore lacking joy in our lives
When we are not healthy and live a life that lacks purpose and fulfillment, hopelessness can set in. Here are some ways to boost energy and maintain a healthy balance to our lives:
- Eat foods that boost energy; food should be free of chemicals and rancid oils. Drink plenty of clean, filtered water
- Stay connected with people who are smarter than you are. Jim Rohn says you are the average of the five people you spend time with. Spend time with smart people.
- Continue to learn and dream. Find something that keeps you up at night and have you leaping out of bed in the morning. Then learn everything you can about it. Then teach it to someone else.
Lack of energy not only affect how we feel but also affect the quality of the contribution we make. Not having enough energy prevents us from living a life that fulfills us and serve others.
Get up and move.
Live your best life.